Here are some tips for noto:
- Practice no-look resheathing. You should be looking at your felled opponent or your surrounding environment. The resheath should be so natural and automatic that you can do it in the dark.
- Gravity is your friend. The tip should just fall into the opening of the saya or koiguchi. You are not sticking it in the hole (insert bad joke here), it just drops in from it's own weight.
- Push the saya (scabbard) onto the sword; don't push the sword into the saya. NEVER force the sword. The saya could have flipped unexpectedly or be split open. You don't want to injure your hand by distractedly shoving the sword into the saya.
- Do the whole movement with your legs and hips, just like in drawing the sword.
- Practice slow! Slow makes good, good makes fast. It is unlikely that you would need to resheath in a hurry anyway. So do it slowly unless you need to flee the scene.